Saturday 17 April 2010

AM

Lounge? I put LOUNGE in this blog?

Yep, lounge baby.

‘AM’ is this lounge band with which I have so tragically defaced this blog with, for those of you who are still angry with me for doing it.

Technically, their Myspace states that they’re ‘alternative/indie/lounge’, but still...lounge!

To be fair, it’s more pop than lounge, but there are a few jazzy elements in there which keeps it tasty (jazz? I put JAZZ in thi...oh grow up...), but I don’t mind, the tracks have a groove which make me want to pull on a ghastly 70's violet suit (with matching flares, of course) and dance like your 'hip' uncle at a wedding after a few too many John Smiths, get the picture?

Maybe that was a slight exaggeration; I'm not even sure people drink John Smiths at weddings, maybe warm champagne, or maybe they just drink in the atmosphere...

Now that you’ve probably been sick from that last sentence, let’s get back to it; basically anyone who enjoys good pop music will like AM, the chilled vocals, dash of psychadelia, and the occasional sax breaks that go down oh so smoothly. (We’ve gone back to drinks again haven’t we).

So for some easy listening and good quality tunes, and before this glorifies alcohol any longer, crack open a cold one and tune in to AM! (Brewed in America, enjoy responsibly).

No comments:

Post a Comment