Wednesday 14 April 2010

Helsinki Seven

Post 14!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we are now halfway through our journey! I hope I have introduced some new music for you so far, and if not, I’ll just have to try harder won’t I! (Ingrates...)

In today’s post I’ll introduce to you a band I’ve known of for a while, ‘Helsinki Seven’. For some reason I have yet to meet anyone else that has heard of them, around these rural parts anyway, but then again some people are just mastering English ‘round these parts’!

The fact that Helsinki Seven aren’t on the national radar makes me mad because they’re a darn good band (having toured with Fighting with wire and Palehorse), and conveniently fill the gap left by such bands such as now-defunct Yourcodenameis:Milo and Million Dead. I’m not saying that these chaps are merely a substitute, but for everyone who cared for those two bands now have an alternative/hardcore gap in their lives, which Helsinki Seven could fit quite nicely into!

(That said, YCNI:M’s Paul Mullen is doing a fine job at transforming ‘The Automatic’ from that nasty little band who sang about a monster coming over the hill into a machine of some credibility!)

This post may sound a bit like I’m whining about my favourite groups that have disbanded, but I urge you to check out Helsinki Seven! Pleeeeeeeeeease!

URL: www.myspace.com/helsinkiseven

No comments:

Post a Comment