Tuesday 6 April 2010

Dry the River

Ok, ok, you caught me, I found out about this band before this blog started, 2008 in fact, in their previous outfit; ‘Godwits.’

Another confession is that I didn’t find them on Myspace either, whoops, I saw them at Latitude Festival in 2008, but the obsessive amount of times I have listened to Godwits on Myspace makes me feel that they qualify to be featured on this blog, so there.

Anyway, back to the CURRENT formation, the five piece ‘Dry the River’. If you like any sort of acoustic music that shies away from the mainstream, you need to hear this band, even if I have to force it upon you! (You think I'm bluffing...)

Fans of Bon Iver, Bright Eyes and Damien Rice will undoubtedly be captivated by the delicate-yet-powerful vocal which pulls you in and gives you a lovely tingly feeling (no, it's not indigestion); that's when you know you've found something special.

Adversely, it makes you wonder why you've wasted so much of your time listening to bands half as good for so long.

Don't worry, in today’s hustle-bustle society you have to give yourself time-out from the huge amount of over-processed nonsense filling your brain and enjoy the finer things on offer; consider 'Dry the River' as a fine wine, to be savoured on a quiet evening, or with friends, (fade out to music from the M&S advert).

URL: www.myspace.com/drytherivermusic

No comments:

Post a Comment