Friday 2 April 2010

Three Trapped Tigers


The genre that these three chaps have dubbed themselves in their Myspace description describes them very well indeed; ‘other’.

With the amount of textures and dynamics they hold, is this statement an ironic assault on our pigeonholing genre hungry post-modern culture? (I doubt it, I’m probably just looking far too deeply into this, maybe they just didn’t know what to put!)

But I digress, the amount of different bands and musical influences around today have produced a very entertaining and interesting listen, in the form of ‘Three Trapped Tigers’.

Imagine if post-rockers Russian Circles and the frenetic Rolo Tomassi spent a steamy night together in a respectable hotel, producing a lovechild which looked a bit like Minus the Bear, and was occasionally babysat by The Mars Volta, got you thinking how that would sound, don’t I?

Well, I have the answer, it sounds WONDERFUL.

Opting for the guitar-drums-PIANO as a main set up, some of you may worry that they might sound a bit like Keane, but thankfully this is not the case, with electronics and synths used very tastefully across the mostly instrumental (it doesn’t get boring, trust me!) tracks provided, check it out!

URL: www.myspace.com/threetrappedtigers


(Note - At the time of writing I was unaware that they are featured in NME on 27 March!)

No comments:

Post a Comment